- Moffat: We need someone to play John's wife.
- Moffat: Wait... Martin has a partner.
- Moffat: But who can we get to play Sherlock's parents?
- Moffat: Wait... Benedict has parents.
- Moffat: Where are we going to find a child to play young Sherlock?
- Moffat: Wait... I have a child.
- Moffat: Man I'm good at this.
"There is a certain unique and strange delight about walking down an empty street alone. There is an off-focus light cast by the moon, and the streetlights are part of the spotlight apparatus on a bare stage set up for you to walk through. You get a feeling of being listened to, so you talk aloud, softly, to see how it sounds."
— Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals (via fleurstains)